Assessment of potential fate and effects of chemical substances entering the environment is a key part of the regulatory submission and registration process.
TSGE’s Environmental Sciences team ensures regulatory data requirements are met by performing environmental modelling, designing testing strategies, assessing exposure potential, setting endpoints for risk characterisation and recommending mitigation measures to ensure products from all chemical sectors are safe when used responsibly.
Our team brings together specialists in environmental fate modelling, ecotoxicology and risk assessment. We have a wealth of expertise gained from experience in industry, research facilities and government organisations.
We have successfully represented clients at EFSA and ECHA meetings, applied read-across and data waiving approaches to reduce testing and have extensive experience of higher tier ecotoxicology assessments.
Our exposure specialists have broad experience interpreting studies on the fate and behaviour of substances in the environment and conducting representative modelling exercises to quantify exposure using standard and higher tier models for use in environmental risk assessments in the plant protection, biocides, REACH and animal health regulatory areas.
Should you wish to discuss any of our services, please contact us.
- Advice on data requirements
- Data gap analysis
- Advice on testing strategy
- Study monitoring, including study placement and protocol review
- Dossier preparation for biocides and plant protection products
- Advice on endocrine disruptors
- Environmental fate modelling, according to FOCUS and national requirements
- Environmental risk assessment
- Chemical safety reports (REACH)
- Assessment of a wide variety of biocidal product types
- Advice and support on Classification & Labelling
- Representation at National Authorities, European Commission, ECHA